Beau Genius, who topped the $2-million mark in progeny earnings eight consecutive years, has been pensioned because of declining fertility at Donald and Karen Cohn's Ballena Vista Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Wildfires continued Oct. 23 to threaten homes and horse farms in Southern California, particularly in San Diego County. Scoop Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm is among the facilities that have taken in evacuated people and horses, even while a new fire has broken out just east of the farm near Bonsall, Calif. Del Mar racetrack has taken in evacuees when the fires, and its barn area was full by Oct. 22, with 2,000 horses and livestock.
Sea of Secrets, a grade II-winning son of Storm Cat, will stand the 2006 season at Donald and Karen Cohn's Ballena Vista Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Stanislavsky, who was twice graded stakes-placed in New York, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Carl Lizza Jr.'s and Joseph Bartone's Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Edward Cohn's Rubbertree Farm announced that Legion Field, a half-brother to prominent young sire Grand Slam and a full brother to stakes winner Leestown, will begin his career as a commercial stallion year for a fee of $1,500 at the Ferndale, N.Y., farm.
Seymour Cohn, who was a huge part of the New York Thoroughbred Breeding and Racing program for more than half a century, died Thursday morning in New York at the age of 92.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time