Farrell has earned herself a rest after a testing campaign that commenced early last fall at Churchill Downs and culminated with a surprising last-place finish in the $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (G1) May 5 at the same Louisville oval.
Miss Sky Warrior's trainer Kelly J. Breen notes the $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (G1) has a 'Final Four' feel, but the talent runs much deeper for Churchill Downs' main event May 5.
Coffee Pot Stable's homebred Farrell, by Malibu Moon, drew clear in the lane of the Twinspires.com Fair Grounds Oaks (G2) to win by 31/4 lengths.
Both Brad Grady's Girvin and Coffeepot Stables' Farrell exited their Feb. 25 grade 2 victories well, according to their respective connections.
Flora Dora will try to take another step forward on the Aqueduct Racetrack path to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when she faces an expected six other 3-year-old fillies in the $125,000 Busher Stakes Saturday, Feb. 27.
A drop in class was the winning formula for Coffeepot Stables' Flora Dora Jan. 31 in the $100,000 Busanda Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack.
After earning a stakes win and grade III placing last season, Flora Dora is scheduled to begin her 3-year-old campaign on Saturday, Jan. 23 in the $100,000 Busanda Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Veteran trainer Wayne Catalano will attempt to build on his 2014 accomplishments when he sends multiple stakes winner I'm Already Sexy and two stablemates into an overflow field Nov. 22 at Churchill Downs.
After tracking throughout, Imposing Grace flashed another gear in the stretch to secure the first stakes win of her career May 25 in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double