Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell looks to score her fourth straight stakes win and keep her status atop the Road to the Kentucky Oaks leaderboard in the April 1 $400,000 TwinSpires.com Fair Grounds Oaks (G2).
Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell turned in an impressive move in her preparations for the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (G2), drilling a bullet five furlongs in 1:00 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 18.
Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell took a field of 12 fillies gate to wire to win the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs by six lengths.
Flora Dora's next step in reaching her connections' goal of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) is the $125,000 Busher Stakes at Aqueduct Feb. 27. The Busher carries Kentucky Oaks points worth 50-20-10-5 to the top four finishers.
Two-time grade I winner Carpe Diem has been retired due to a knee chip and will enter stud next year at Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., it was announced July 23.
'He wouldn't run and hide behind his mother. He'd lead through the door,' Beau Lane of Woodline Farm said of Carpe Diem, a leading contender for the March 7 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double