Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell looks to score her fourth straight stakes win and keep her status atop the Road to the Kentucky Oaks leaderboard in the April 1 $400,000 TwinSpires.com Fair Grounds Oaks (G2).
Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell turned in an impressive move in her preparations for the $400,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (G2), drilling a bullet five furlongs in 1:00 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots March 18.
Coffee Pot Stables' homebred Farrell took a field of 12 fillies gate to wire to win the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs by six lengths.
Flora Dora's next step in reaching her connections' goal of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) is the $125,000 Busher Stakes at Aqueduct Feb. 27. The Busher carries Kentucky Oaks points worth 50-20-10-5 to the top four finishers.
Two-time grade I winner Carpe Diem has been retired due to a knee chip and will enter stud next year at Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., it was announced July 23.
'He wouldn't run and hide behind his mother. He'd lead through the door,' Beau Lane of Woodline Farm said of Carpe Diem, a leading contender for the March 7 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy