Flora Dora's next step in reaching her connections' goal of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) is the $125,000 Busher Stakes at Aqueduct Feb. 27. The Busher carries Kentucky Oaks points worth 50-20-10-5 to the top four finishers.
Two-time grade I winner Carpe Diem has been retired due to a knee chip and will enter stud next year at Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., it was announced July 23.
'He wouldn't run and hide behind his mother. He'd lead through the door,' Beau Lane of Woodline Farm said of Carpe Diem, a leading contender for the March 7 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
J.B.'s Thunder, a 2-year-old son of Thunder Gulch got in his final drill prior to the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he took to the track the morning of Nov. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race