Eugene Melnyk's homebred daughter of Grand Slam wins her second stakes in a row and first graded stakes in the Ontario Colleen (Can-III) Aug. 17 at Woodbine.
The Aug, 17 Ontario Colleen Stakes (gr. IIIT) run at one mile at Woodbine looks to be one big grab bag, with no standout and a number of classy fillies on Polytrack trying their luck on grass, several for the first time.
Solid Appeal, upset winner of the Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) in May, looks to remain unbeaten in 2013 as the 122-pound highweight in the $200,000 Dance Smartly Stakes (gr. II) July 7 at Woodbine.
Coffee Clique swept past runaway pacesetter Leigh Court in upper stretch and bounded to an easy four-length win in the $152,019 Selene (Can-III) May 19, collecting her first stakes tally at Woodbine.
Perfect in four starts over the Woodbine Polytrack last year, Nipissing faces seven other 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) May 19, a first step toward next month's Woodbine Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat