Eugene Melnyk's homebred daughter of Grand Slam wins her second stakes in a row and first graded stakes in the Ontario Colleen (Can-III) Aug. 17 at Woodbine.
The Aug, 17 Ontario Colleen Stakes (gr. IIIT) run at one mile at Woodbine looks to be one big grab bag, with no standout and a number of classy fillies on Polytrack trying their luck on grass, several for the first time.
Solid Appeal, upset winner of the Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) in May, looks to remain unbeaten in 2013 as the 122-pound highweight in the $200,000 Dance Smartly Stakes (gr. II) July 7 at Woodbine.
Coffee Clique swept past runaway pacesetter Leigh Court in upper stretch and bounded to an easy four-length win in the $152,019 Selene (Can-III) May 19, collecting her first stakes tally at Woodbine.
Perfect in four starts over the Woodbine Polytrack last year, Nipissing faces seven other 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) May 19, a first step toward next month's Woodbine Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail