All seven juveniles in the field are chasing their first black-type victory.
Frustrated with a Breeders' Cup decision to require starters in its five juvenile races at this year's World Championships to race without Salix, owner Mike Repole will not send any horses to this year's event.
Irish agent Demi O'Byrne outlasted all other bidders to acquire a Bernardini colt for $1,550,000 at the Sept. 12 third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington.
The starting gate for the $250,000 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 15 will be packed with promising 2-year-old fillies, 14 in all, with an automatic Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf berth at stake.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne