Trainer Christophe Clement confirmed that Dynever, winner of the Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream Park in April and the Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in May, will run in the $600,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Park Saturday.
The Aug. 9 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Park has attracted a list of 69 nominations, including 13 graded stakes winners from the United States and Canada. Nominations for the 1 1/8-mile race closed July 26.
A pair of top Bob Baffert 3-year-olds, the colt Kafwain and the filly Composure, turned up on Sunday's Santa Anita work tab.
Toccet can add Saturday's $406,507 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) to his growing argument for top juvenile honors in 2002.
Toccet can add Saturday's $409,500 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) to his growing argument for top juvenile honors in 2002.
Entering the final weekend of the Hollywood Park Autumn Meet, trainer Doug O'Neill stands on the threshold of his first training title at a major meet.
A forecast of rain Friday and an off track Saturday brought rain-dance whoops from Maryland to California in the barns of John Scanlan and Rafael Becerra, trainers of Toccet and Roll Hennessy Roll, respectively, as they await Saturday's $375,000-estimated Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at 1 1/16 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf