Trainer Christophe Clement confirmed that Dynever, winner of the Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream Park in April and the Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in May, will run in the $600,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Park Saturday.
The Aug. 9 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Park has attracted a list of 69 nominations, including 13 graded stakes winners from the United States and Canada. Nominations for the 1 1/8-mile race closed July 26.
A pair of top Bob Baffert 3-year-olds, the colt Kafwain and the filly Composure, turned up on Sunday's Santa Anita work tab.
Toccet can add Saturday's $406,507 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) to his growing argument for top juvenile honors in 2002.
Toccet can add Saturday's $409,500 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) to his growing argument for top juvenile honors in 2002.
Entering the final weekend of the Hollywood Park Autumn Meet, trainer Doug O'Neill stands on the threshold of his first training title at a major meet.
A forecast of rain Friday and an off track Saturday brought rain-dance whoops from Maryland to California in the barns of John Scanlan and Rafael Becerra, trainers of Toccet and Roll Hennessy Roll, respectively, as they await Saturday's $375,000-estimated Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at 1 1/16 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday