Trainer Christophe Clement confirmed that Dynever, winner of the Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream Park in April and the Lone Star Derby (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in May, will run in the $600,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Park Saturday.
The Aug. 9 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Park has attracted a list of 69 nominations, including 13 graded stakes winners from the United States and Canada. Nominations for the 1 1/8-mile race closed July 26.
A pair of top Bob Baffert 3-year-olds, the colt Kafwain and the filly Composure, turned up on Sunday's Santa Anita work tab.
Toccet can add Saturday's $406,507 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) to his growing argument for top juvenile honors in 2002.
Toccet can add Saturday's $409,500 Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) to his growing argument for top juvenile honors in 2002.
Entering the final weekend of the Hollywood Park Autumn Meet, trainer Doug O'Neill stands on the threshold of his first training title at a major meet.
A forecast of rain Friday and an off track Saturday brought rain-dance whoops from Maryland to California in the barns of John Scanlan and Rafael Becerra, trainers of Toccet and Roll Hennessy Roll, respectively, as they await Saturday's $375,000-estimated Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at 1 1/16 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat