Ambitious Cat, last year's Sovereign Award winner as Canada's top female turf horse, captured her first stakes race on Saturday in the $300,000 Dance Smartly (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Lightly raced Pipers Thunder, owned and bred by Chiefswood Stable, threw his name into the contender hat for the upcoming Queen's Plate by scoring a one-length upset win in Sunday's Plate Trial at Woodbine.
Fifth Overture put together her fourth win in a row with a three-length victory in the $175,800 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Woodbine.
Fifth Overture shoots for her fourth win in a row in Saturday's $163,500 Seaway Stakes (Can-III) for fillies and mares at Woodbine.
Alleged Ruler, a 4-year-old son of A.P. Indy, takes on five rivals, including champions One for Rose and Wake at Noon, in Saturday's $161,100 Seagram Cup (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Chiefswood Stables' Queen's Plate winner Niigon will make his next start in the $750,000 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park on Labor Day Sept. 6, trainer Eric Coatrieux decided Thursday.
A field of seven, including Queen's Plate champion Niigon, is set to compete Sunday in the 2004 edition of the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown of Thoroughbred racing at Fort Erie.
Chiefswood Stable's Niigon held off 6-5 favorite A Bit O'Gold for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $1 million Queen's Plate for 3-year-olds Sunday, the first jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses