A bipartisan bill introduced July 16 in the U.S. House of Representatives would see the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency create an independent organization for oversight of medication issues in horse racing.
A coalition of Pennsylvania horsemen is seeking a series of "state-level" meetings of all stakeholders in horse racing to examine ways to improve the health and safety of equine and human participants.
Robert and Beverly Lewis' Senor Swinger, who won the Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs by a widening 5 ½ lengths, is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs. The race for 3-year-olds is at 1 1/4 miles on turf.
- By Tom Precious
A New York coalition has agreed to open up its wallet to fund a quick study of video lottery terminals in an effort to convince state lawmakers and the governor to permit their operation at racetracks. The legislative session is expected to extend into the summer.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- A Day in the Life: Broodmare of the Year Leslie's Lady
- Potemkin Heads Wide-Open Test at Munich
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth Stakes
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner