A coalition of Pennsylvania horsemen is seeking a series of "state-level" meetings of all stakeholders in horse racing to examine ways to improve the health and safety of equine and human participants.
Robert and Beverly Lewis' Senor Swinger, who won the Jefferson Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs by a widening 5 ½ lengths, is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for Saturday's $500,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIIT) at Colonial Downs. The race for 3-year-olds is at 1 1/4 miles on turf.
A New York coalition has agreed to open up its wallet to fund a quick study of video lottery terminals in an effort to convince state lawmakers and the governor to permit their operation at racetracks. The legislative session is expected to extend into the summer.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David