Penn National Gaming Inc. said Aug. 7 it will continue to offer live harness racing at Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland for two more years--if another Prince George's County location isn't chosen as the location for a casino.
- By Tom Keyser
In a compromise decision at the end of a long and difficult meeting, the owners of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland voted to sell the Standardbred track to Centaur Inc., part owner of the Hoosier Park in Indiana and casinos in California and Colorado.
At its general membership meeting Aug. 13, the Cloverleaf Standardbred Owners Association discussed two unsolicited proposals for the purchase of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland from two racing corporations, one of which is Greenwood Racing. But the harness track apparently isn't for sale.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner