Penn National Gaming Inc. said Aug. 7 it will continue to offer live harness racing at Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland for two more years--if another Prince George's County location isn't chosen as the location for a casino.
- By Tom Keyser
In a compromise decision at the end of a long and difficult meeting, the owners of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland voted to sell the Standardbred track to Centaur Inc., part owner of the Hoosier Park in Indiana and casinos in California and Colorado.
At its general membership meeting Aug. 13, the Cloverleaf Standardbred Owners Association discussed two unsolicited proposals for the purchase of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland from two racing corporations, one of which is Greenwood Racing. But the harness track apparently isn't for sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races