Penn National Gaming Inc. said Aug. 7 it will continue to offer live harness racing at Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland for two more years--if another Prince George's County location isn't chosen as the location for a casino.
- By Tom Keyser
In a compromise decision at the end of a long and difficult meeting, the owners of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland voted to sell the Standardbred track to Centaur Inc., part owner of the Hoosier Park in Indiana and casinos in California and Colorado.
At its general membership meeting Aug. 13, the Cloverleaf Standardbred Owners Association discussed two unsolicited proposals for the purchase of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland from two racing corporations, one of which is Greenwood Racing. But the harness track apparently isn't for sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Litfin At Large: Looking at State-Bred Stakes
- Fernung Elected New FTBOA President
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- NorCal 2017 Race Dates Remain Unresolved