Penn National Gaming Inc. said Aug. 7 it will continue to offer live harness racing at Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland for two more years--if another Prince George's County location isn't chosen as the location for a casino.
- By Tom Keyser
In a compromise decision at the end of a long and difficult meeting, the owners of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland voted to sell the Standardbred track to Centaur Inc., part owner of the Hoosier Park in Indiana and casinos in California and Colorado.
At its general membership meeting Aug. 13, the Cloverleaf Standardbred Owners Association discussed two unsolicited proposals for the purchase of Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland from two racing corporations, one of which is Greenwood Racing. But the harness track apparently isn't for sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo