Black Onyx's final tune-up at Churchill Downs April 27 was less about time and more about attitude, said jockey Joe Bravo, who flew in specifically for the work. The son of Rock Hard Ten worked four furlongs in :48 3/5.
Diva Delite, who was bred by John Sykes in the name of his Clover Leaf Farms II, was bought back by her breeder following her stellar victory in the Florida Oaks (gr. III) at Tampa Bay Downs for an undisclosed sum March 19.
While he may be light in seasoning, Crown of Thorns showed a world of potential in handily stretching out to two turns Feb. 2 at Santa Anita, scoring a dynamic 2 1/2-length victory as the favorite in the $200,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series