It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
A full brother to stakes winner Omega Code (by Elusive Quality) was born Feb. 5 at Robin Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
Pleasantly Perfect's half-sister, a Lemon Drop Kid filly, was born Feb. 8 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
A fire Tuesday claimed two barns at Clovelly Farm, but no horses. A farm employee said the fire started around 12:15 p.m. at the farm's Hughes Lane location in Fayette County, Ky., and burned actively until around 4 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins