It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
A full brother to stakes winner Omega Code (by Elusive Quality) was born Feb. 5 at Robin Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
Pleasantly Perfect's half-sister, a Lemon Drop Kid filly, was born Feb. 8 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
A fire Tuesday claimed two barns at Clovelly Farm, but no horses. A farm employee said the fire started around 12:15 p.m. at the farm's Hughes Lane location in Fayette County, Ky., and burned actively until around 4 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement