It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
A full brother to stakes winner Omega Code (by Elusive Quality) was born Feb. 5 at Robin Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
Pleasantly Perfect's half-sister, a Lemon Drop Kid filly, was born Feb. 8 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
A fire Tuesday claimed two barns at Clovelly Farm, but no horses. A farm employee said the fire started around 12:15 p.m. at the farm's Hughes Lane location in Fayette County, Ky., and burned actively until around 4 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives