It was a glorious day for American breeders at the "Glorious Goodwood" meeting in England Friday as U.S. bred horses won all three of the stakes on the card. Topping off the day was a victory by the 2-year-old Montgomery's Arch in the Richmond Stakes (Eng-II).
A full brother to stakes winner Omega Code (by Elusive Quality) was born Feb. 5 at Robin Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
Pleasantly Perfect's half-sister, a Lemon Drop Kid filly, was born Feb. 8 at Robin F. Scully's Clovelly Farms near Lexington.
A fire Tuesday claimed two barns at Clovelly Farm, but no horses. A farm employee said the fire started around 12:15 p.m. at the farm's Hughes Lane location in Fayette County, Ky., and burned actively until around 4 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Sprinter Work All Week Retired
- Two Ejected From Churchill Grounds
- American Pharoah Retains Top World Ranking
- Ratings More Than Double for NBC Racing Shows
- Race Day to Spendthrift for 2016
- Why Beholder Has Outrun Her Pedigree
- Buckland Sales to Offer First Consignments
- Higher Purses, Handle at Emerald Downs
- Tattersalls Book 1 Concludes on Record Note
- Normandy Invasion Retired From Racing