Outsider Hooh Why shook off favored Tribal Belle on the turn and persevered through the long Woodbine stretch to win the $155,363 Seaway Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 4.
Stardom Bound, seeking her sixth consecutive grade I victory, was stunned by 24-1 shot Hooh Why in the $400,000 Ashland Stakes April 4 at Keeneland.
Morning Praise, a filly by Menifee consigned by Nick de Meric, agent, worked a quarter in :20 4/5 to post the fastest work at the distance of the second session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2005 Spring Sale of 2-Year- Olds in Training.
Roy Lerman, owner of Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla., will hold two stallion season auctions on eBay, with all proceeds going to the Tsunami Relief Fund.
Roy Lerman, owner of Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla., has announced the launching of a stallion season auction to be conducted on eBay in two phases, with all proceeds going to the Tsunami Relief Fund.
Bolstered by large final-session percentage increases in both average and median, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's Fall Mixed Sale ended Thursday with across the board increases in nearly every category except buy-back rate.
A weanling filly by Trippi, went to Dry Creek Stables for $31,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2003 Fall Mixed Sale.
Grade II winner Golden Gear and 5-year-old Cloud Hopping will stand the 2003 season at DunHill Stud near Reddick, Fla.
Cloud Hopping, a 4-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, will enter stud at Sean and Barbara Kelly's Wycombe House Stud near Reddick, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?