A gallery of 17 stallions from across the country. View Slideshow
Close Up, sire of millionaire Joey P., has been relocated to Raimonde Farm, in Wooster, Ohio. The 16-year-old son of Capote is standing as the property of a syndicate for a $1,500 fee in 2012.
Joey P., who underwent emergency surgery to correct a twisted intestine on June 18, will return to Monmouth Park to resume training early next week, trainer Ben Perkins Jr. said Aug. 8.
Miss the weekly show of Keeneland Closeup? You can now watch it here at Bloodhorse.com. We'll keep up each video up for the run of the Fall Meet.
Joey P. proved to be the quickest of the quick in the $200,000 Charles Town Invitational Dash on the night of June 21 and picked up his first victory outside of New Jersey for trainer Ben Perkins Jr.
John Petrini's New Jersey homebred Joey P. eyes his fifth stakes score of the season Dec. 29 at Aqueduct, as he will face five rivals in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III), a race that was rescheduled from Dec. 16 because of inclement weather in New York.
John Petrini's homebred Joey P. rolled to a track-record victory in the $60,000 Decathlon Stakes at Monmouth Park on Saturday as 13,066 fans gave a rousing welcome back to Thoroughbred racing at the Jersey Shore.
John Petrini's Joey P. kept his undefeated record intact when he rallied to the lead in the lane and held off all challengers to capture the $130,000 Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) in stakes record time of 1:08 1/5 at Monmouth Park on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident