Lethal Force made all the pace and won the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) in course record time July 13 at Newmarket, stamping himself as Europe's top sprinter in the July Festival's marquee race.
Lethal Force gave a masterful performance on closing day at Royal Ascot, making nearly all the pace for a convincing two-length win in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the marquee event June 22.
Impressive Al Quoz Sprint (UAE-I) winner Shea Shea will attempt to become the first South African horse to win at Royal Ascot in the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) on opening day June 18.
Reckless Abandon extended his perfect record to five wins on Oct. 13 at Newmarket when he prevailed by a neck in the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-olds.
Trainer Clive Cox's 2-year-old stable star Reckless Abandon will bid to stay unbeaten when he starts in the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I), one of two top-level races for juveniles Oct. 13 at Newmarket.
Reckless Abandon completed his ascension to the top of the juvenile ranks with an authoritative victory in the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Longshot Gilt Edge Girl gave trainer Clive Cox the biggest victory of his career as she stormed home an easy winner of the Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp (Fr-I) Oct. 3.
- By Mark Popham
A poor renewal of Book 4 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England generated a gross of only 130,300 guineas, down 73% from last year for the 50 horses sold. The average price of 2,606 guineas dropped 50%, and the 1,450-guinea median fell 43%. Only 45% of the lots offered were listed as sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music