Grade I winner and two-time track record setter Idiot Proof has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Ballena Vista Farm in Ramona, CA for the 2010 breeding season. His fee will be $1,500.
Idiot Proof blazed his way into the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) picture with an eye-catching victory in Oak Tree's $300,000 Ancient Title (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 7.
Jockey Victor Molina - who was caught on camera kicking a 2-year-old colt prior to the start of the third race at Philadelphia Park Casino & Racetrack June 18 - had a formal hearing before track stewards June 22, but no decision was made by the stewards as to what, if any, penalties Molina will receive.
- By Jack Shinar
At least two prominent Southern California-based trainers are ready to move east over the state workers' compensation insurance crisis.
The cavalry will be coming after Rock Opera Saturday as the field turns into the homestretch of the Del Mar Derby.
Rock Opera, one of the leading contenders for Saturday's $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT), put in his final work for the race, going 5 furlongs on the grass Sunday in 1:03.60 today.
Five Southern California trainers have been fined $1,500 each by the California Horse Racing Board after an herbal product they used on horses under their care was found to contain two banned substances. A hearing will be held in January.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Danzing Candy, Trojan Nation Train in KY