Friday night's $200,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. IIIT) is certain to come up a tough event, especially with a full field of turf runners set to go 1 1/16 miles at Meadowlands, including several that have been knocking heads in stakes all year
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
Saint Verre commanded the early lead and withstood all challenges to take the 26th running of the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. III) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Del Mar Show tops Friday's Cliff Hanger Handicap at Meadowlands.
Julian Demarco and Richard Disano's North East Bound pressed the early pace set by Johnny Dollar and pulled away through the stretch to win the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 3/4 lengths Friday night at Meadowlands.
Eleven older horses are entered to run under the lights in the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. IIIT), Meadowlands' feature race Friday night. Among the entrants for the 1 1/16-mile turf race are 1999 Fort Lauderdale Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Garbu, 1999 Jersey Derby (gr. IIT) winner Swamp, defending champion Virginia Carnival, and this year's New Hampshire Sweepstakes Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Inexplicable.
Most Popular Stories
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct