Friday night's $200,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. IIIT) is certain to come up a tough event, especially with a full field of turf runners set to go 1 1/16 miles at Meadowlands, including several that have been knocking heads in stakes all year
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
Saint Verre commanded the early lead and withstood all challenges to take the 26th running of the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. III) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Del Mar Show tops Friday's Cliff Hanger Handicap at Meadowlands.
Julian Demarco and Richard Disano's North East Bound pressed the early pace set by Johnny Dollar and pulled away through the stretch to win the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 3/4 lengths Friday night at Meadowlands.
Eleven older horses are entered to run under the lights in the $150,000 Cliff Hanger Handicap (gr. IIIT), Meadowlands' feature race Friday night. Among the entrants for the 1 1/16-mile turf race are 1999 Fort Lauderdale Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Garbu, 1999 Jersey Derby (gr. IIT) winner Swamp, defending champion Virginia Carnival, and this year's New Hampshire Sweepstakes Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Inexplicable.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady