Trainer Bobby Frankel couldn't have been happier that his champion Ginger Punch drew the rail for the $500,000 Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) on April 5 at Oaklawn Park.
Back on a fast dirt track for the first time since last summer, the grade I winner Hystericalady left her rivals in the Oaklawn Park dust while winning the $171,500 Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) on March 9.
Tom Crouch's 5-year-old homebred mare Kettleoneup puts her three-race win streak on the line March 9 in the $175,000 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park, and will have to take down, among others, multiple graded stakes winner Hystericalady in order to stretch it to four.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day