Loooch Racing Stables' Mo Dont No, sixth of 10 in his first start around two turns in the Ohio Derby in open company, wheeled back a week and two days later to easily capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup July 4 at Thistledown.
Alliseeisgold led gate to wire to capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup for Ohio-bred 3-year-olds July 4 at ThistleDown.
Thistledown's Cleveland Gold Cup has been renamed to honor the memory of the late Ohio veterinarian Daniel C. Stearns III, who served Ohio racing throughout his long career.
Foxwood Stable's Marble Cliff, regarded as one of the best Ohio-breds in history -- if in fact he is Ohio-registered -- is among a dozen 3-year-olds entered in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort Aug. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes