Loooch Racing Stables' Mo Dont No, sixth of 10 in his first start around two turns in the Ohio Derby in open company, wheeled back a week and two days later to easily capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup July 4 at Thistledown.
Alliseeisgold led gate to wire to capture the $75,000 Daniel Stearns Cleveland Gold Cup for Ohio-bred 3-year-olds July 4 at ThistleDown.
Thistledown's Cleveland Gold Cup has been renamed to honor the memory of the late Ohio veterinarian Daniel C. Stearns III, who served Ohio racing throughout his long career.
Foxwood Stable's Marble Cliff, regarded as one of the best Ohio-breds in history -- if in fact he is Ohio-registered -- is among a dozen 3-year-olds entered in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort Aug. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby