TimeformUS plays for Saratoga and Del Mar Graded Stakes Races. read blog
Jerry Moss, owner of undefeated champion Zenyatta, said July 22 that he has not made a decision on the mare's next destination after her try in the Aug. 9 Clement Hirsch Stakes (gr. I), but he reiterated that he still wants to do "something different" with the rest of her 2009 campaign.
The first "Road to the World Thoroughbred Championships on TVG/Fox Sports Net" show of the season will air Saturday from Hollywood Park in Los Angeles.
The prospect of racing against Horse of the Year Azeri in the $300,000 Clement Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) on Aug. 10 does not create a problem for trainer Bruce Headley, who is known to have a high threshold of awe when it comes to other horses.
Azeri, the reigning Horse of the Year who posted her 10th straight win in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I), worked a half-mile in :47 at San Luis Rey Downs on Monday.
Turf distaff star Tranquility Lake glided over the main track at Del Mar Sunday to win the $294,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II) by three lengths, continuing a stellar weekend for owners Mr. and Mrs. Martin J. Wygod.
Aaron and Marie Jones' Riboletta won her fourth consecutive race Saturday at Del Mar, reeling in pacesetter Gourmet Girl before pulling away to win the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present