Tom Ludt, Clem Murphy, and Oliver Tait have been re-elected to their positions as directors on the board of the Breeders' Cup.
The Breeders' Cup board of directors has again approved an early foal nomination deadline that allows for a $100 discount off the $500 nomination fee for all foals nominated electronically to the program by Aug. 1.
The Breeders' Cup announced June 14 that a six furlong race for 2-year-olds has been added to the to the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
Fifteen new grade/group I races have been added to the schedule for the 2011 Breeders' Cup Challenge, an international series of 68 automatic qualifying races for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
During a special meeting April 13, the Breeders' Cup members and trustees approved changes to the organization's by-laws, including longer terms for members and directors.
The European Breeders' Fund had a mixed reaction to the new nomination structure for Breeders' Cup, saying it acknowledges "with regret" termination of cross-registration agreement that has been in place since 1995.
In an effort to attract more horses, especially those from overseas, to participate in its World Championships, Breeders' Cup Limited is making major changes to its nominations programs.
There are some new faces on the Breeders' Cup board of directors after an election held July 9, but Bill Farish will remain chairman of the organization.
Breeders' Cup Limited has mailed ballots to current Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators for the election of 13 individuals to its Board of Trustees and Members.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5