Tom Ludt, Clem Murphy, and Oliver Tait have been re-elected to their positions as directors on the board of the Breeders' Cup.
The Breeders' Cup board of directors has again approved an early foal nomination deadline that allows for a $100 discount off the $500 nomination fee for all foals nominated electronically to the program by Aug. 1.
The Breeders' Cup announced June 14 that a six furlong race for 2-year-olds has been added to the to the Breeders' Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
Fifteen new grade/group I races have been added to the schedule for the 2011 Breeders' Cup Challenge, an international series of 68 automatic qualifying races for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
During a special meeting April 13, the Breeders' Cup members and trustees approved changes to the organization's by-laws, including longer terms for members and directors.
The European Breeders' Fund had a mixed reaction to the new nomination structure for Breeders' Cup, saying it acknowledges "with regret" termination of cross-registration agreement that has been in place since 1995.
In an effort to attract more horses, especially those from overseas, to participate in its World Championships, Breeders' Cup Limited is making major changes to its nominations programs.
There are some new faces on the Breeders' Cup board of directors after an election held July 9, but Bill Farish will remain chairman of the organization.
Breeders' Cup Limited has mailed ballots to current Breeders' Cup foal and stallion nominators for the election of 13 individuals to its Board of Trustees and Members.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses