Arnold Zetcher's Firing Line, runner-up to eventual Triple Crown winner American Pharoah in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been retired from racing. A stud deal has not yet been arranged.
The Keeneland September yearling sale ended Sept. 21 with slight declines in gross and average but equaled last year's $50,000 record for median in a market roughly level with that of 2013.
Eamon Cleary, owner of Clearsky Farms near Lexington, died Friday, Sept. 21, of cancer.
Esther Marr talks with Mt. Brilliant farm owner Greg Goodman and farm manager Jody Alexander, and Ted Voute of Clearsky Farm, about their A.P. Indy yearling fillies to be sold at the September Sale. watch video
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage