The dam of champion Arrogate was a $4.7 million buy-back at the Fasig-Tipton November sale last fall.
Cross between Distorted Humor daughters and Tapit has already produced a grade 1 winner.
Arnold Zetcher's Firing Line, runner-up to eventual Triple Crown winner American Pharoah in last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been retired from racing. A stud deal has not yet been arranged.
The Keeneland September yearling sale ended Sept. 21 with slight declines in gross and average but equaled last year's $50,000 record for median in a market roughly level with that of 2013.
Eamon Cleary, owner of Clearsky Farms near Lexington, died Friday, Sept. 21, of cancer.
Esther Marr talks with Mt. Brilliant farm owner Greg Goodman and farm manager Jody Alexander, and Ted Voute of Clearsky Farm, about their A.P. Indy yearling fillies to be sold at the September Sale. watch video
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Will Antonoe Upset the Diana Stakes?
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team