Grade I winner Strong Mandate has been retired from racing and will take up stud duty in 2015 at Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Strong Mandate turned in a dominant performance in the $300,000 Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, winning for Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas on the renowned horseman's 78th birthday Sept. 2 at the Spa.
Clear Mandate, a grade I winner and a multiple stakes producer, was euthanized Feb. 19 because of foaling complications.
Multiple graded stakes winner and Suburban Handicap (gr. I) runner-up Newfoundland will enter stud at Brookdale Farm near Versailles, Ky. upon his retirement, according to an announcement Monday from Sumaya U. S. Stable and Brookdale Farm.
Keeneland sold 2,933 horses for $210,802,500 during the 12-day September Yearling Sale, which ended on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection