Grade I winner Strong Mandate has been retired from racing and will take up stud duty in 2015 at Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Strong Mandate turned in a dominant performance in the $300,000 Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, winning for Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas on the renowned horseman's 78th birthday Sept. 2 at the Spa.
Clear Mandate, a grade I winner and a multiple stakes producer, was euthanized Feb. 19 because of foaling complications.
Multiple graded stakes winner and Suburban Handicap (gr. I) runner-up Newfoundland will enter stud at Brookdale Farm near Versailles, Ky. upon his retirement, according to an announcement Monday from Sumaya U. S. Stable and Brookdale Farm.
Keeneland sold 2,933 horses for $210,802,500 during the 12-day September Yearling Sale, which ended on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates