Grade I winner Strong Mandate has been retired from racing and will take up stud duty in 2015 at Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Strong Mandate turned in a dominant performance in the $300,000 Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, winning for Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas on the renowned horseman's 78th birthday Sept. 2 at the Spa.
Clear Mandate, a grade I winner and a multiple stakes producer, was euthanized Feb. 19 because of foaling complications.
Multiple graded stakes winner and Suburban Handicap (gr. I) runner-up Newfoundland will enter stud at Brookdale Farm near Versailles, Ky. upon his retirement, according to an announcement Monday from Sumaya U. S. Stable and Brookdale Farm.
Keeneland sold 2,933 horses for $210,802,500 during the 12-day September Yearling Sale, which ended on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship