Jockey Donnie Meche is awaiting a ruling by an Orleans Parish Civil District Court judge on whether or not he can return to the track following a suspension he received by the Louisiana State Racing Commission. Judge Rosemary Ledet heard arguments on Aug. 26 and has 30 days to make a judgment.
Jockey Donnie Meche will appeal a one-year nationwide suspension in which stewards ruled he did not do his best to win a race at Delta Downs in January.
Jockey Donnie Meche will return to the saddle Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds for the first time since being suspended by the stewards at Delta Downs for six months. Meche was allowed to return to the track after receiving an injunction in a civil district court on Feb. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage