Jockey Donnie Meche is awaiting a ruling by an Orleans Parish Civil District Court judge on whether or not he can return to the track following a suspension he received by the Louisiana State Racing Commission. Judge Rosemary Ledet heard arguments on Aug. 26 and has 30 days to make a judgment.
Jockey Donnie Meche will appeal a one-year nationwide suspension in which stewards ruled he did not do his best to win a race at Delta Downs in January.
Jockey Donnie Meche will return to the saddle Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds for the first time since being suspended by the stewards at Delta Downs for six months. Meche was allowed to return to the track after receiving an injunction in a civil district court on Feb. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses