Jockey Donnie Meche is awaiting a ruling by an Orleans Parish Civil District Court judge on whether or not he can return to the track following a suspension he received by the Louisiana State Racing Commission. Judge Rosemary Ledet heard arguments on Aug. 26 and has 30 days to make a judgment.
Jockey Donnie Meche will appeal a one-year nationwide suspension in which stewards ruled he did not do his best to win a race at Delta Downs in January.
Jockey Donnie Meche will return to the saddle Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds for the first time since being suspended by the stewards at Delta Downs for six months. Meche was allowed to return to the track after receiving an injunction in a civil district court on Feb. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor