Jockey Donnie Meche is awaiting a ruling by an Orleans Parish Civil District Court judge on whether or not he can return to the track following a suspension he received by the Louisiana State Racing Commission. Judge Rosemary Ledet heard arguments on Aug. 26 and has 30 days to make a judgment.
Jockey Donnie Meche will appeal a one-year nationwide suspension in which stewards ruled he did not do his best to win a race at Delta Downs in January.
Jockey Donnie Meche will return to the saddle Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds for the first time since being suspended by the stewards at Delta Downs for six months. Meche was allowed to return to the track after receiving an injunction in a civil district court on Feb. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'