Jockey Donnie Meche is awaiting a ruling by an Orleans Parish Civil District Court judge on whether or not he can return to the track following a suspension he received by the Louisiana State Racing Commission. Judge Rosemary Ledet heard arguments on Aug. 26 and has 30 days to make a judgment.
Jockey Donnie Meche will appeal a one-year nationwide suspension in which stewards ruled he did not do his best to win a race at Delta Downs in January.
Jockey Donnie Meche will return to the saddle Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds for the first time since being suspended by the stewards at Delta Downs for six months. Meche was allowed to return to the track after receiving an injunction in a civil district court on Feb. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- MJC Hopes to Alter 2015 Laurel Racing Dates
- Belmont Stakes: American Pharoah Arrives
- Buyers Selective On Day 1 of MM Yearling Sale
- Pharoah Fits Profile of Triple Crown Winner
- Five New Additions for TOBA Owners Concierge
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage