David C. Parrish Jr., an important player in the horse business and insurance business in Central Kentucky, died May 2 in Paris, Ky., because of complications from Parkinson's disease.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
After 60 years of waiting David Parrish, whose family owns and operates the Clay Ward Agency and Indian Creek Farm, near Paris, Ky., received a Silver Star from the United States government for his distinguished service during World War II. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) presented the award May 26 during a special ceremony on the Bourbon County courthouse steps.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training