David C. Parrish Jr., an important player in the horse business and insurance business in Central Kentucky, died May 2 in Paris, Ky., because of complications from Parkinson's disease.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
After 60 years of waiting David Parrish, whose family owns and operates the Clay Ward Agency and Indian Creek Farm, near Paris, Ky., received a Silver Star from the United States government for his distinguished service during World War II. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) presented the award May 26 during a special ceremony on the Bourbon County courthouse steps.
Most Popular Stories
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Daddy Does Best
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat