David C. Parrish Jr., an important player in the horse business and insurance business in Central Kentucky, died May 2 in Paris, Ky., because of complications from Parkinson's disease.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
After 60 years of waiting David Parrish, whose family owns and operates the Clay Ward Agency and Indian Creek Farm, near Paris, Ky., received a Silver Star from the United States government for his distinguished service during World War II. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) presented the award May 26 during a special ceremony on the Bourbon County courthouse steps.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Palace Malice Headlines Huge Day of Racing