David C. Parrish Jr., an important player in the horse business and insurance business in Central Kentucky, died May 2 in Paris, Ky., because of complications from Parkinson's disease.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
After 60 years of waiting David Parrish, whose family owns and operates the Clay Ward Agency and Indian Creek Farm, near Paris, Ky., received a Silver Star from the United States government for his distinguished service during World War II. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) presented the award May 26 during a special ceremony on the Bourbon County courthouse steps.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week