Twenty-six 2-year-olds by Smarty Jones have been sold at public auction in Uruguay, where the dual classic winner has shuttled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season the past three years.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Trainers O'Neill, Levine Suspended and Fined
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- How to Manage a Collapsed Foal
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It