Twenty-six 2-year-olds by Smarty Jones have been sold at public auction in Uruguay, where the dual classic winner has shuttled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season the past three years.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Rich Tapestry, Big Macher in Sprint Works
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule