Twenty-six 2-year-olds by Smarty Jones have been sold at public auction in Uruguay, where the dual classic winner has shuttled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season the past three years.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing