Twenty-six 2-year-olds by Smarty Jones have been sold at public auction in Uruguay, where the dual classic winner has shuttled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season the past three years.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- American Pharoah Tops 162 Blue Grass Nominees
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Consignors Upbeat Ahead of F-T Florida Sale
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge