Twenty-six 2-year-olds by Smarty Jones have been sold at public auction in Uruguay, where the dual classic winner has shuttled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season the past three years.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Featured Horse Profile: Artemis Agrotera
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood