Breeders hope imported stallions will improve stock. Read the full feature in the March 7, 2015 issue of Blood-Horse Magazine. view slideshow
Twenty-six 2-year-olds by Smarty Jones have been sold at public auction in Uruguay, where the dual classic winner has shuttled for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season the past three years.
Smarty Jones, who has been shuttling from Northview Stallion Station in Pennsylvania to Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay since 2011, arrived at the South American farm July 31 to begin his third year.
Smarty Jones arrived at Haras Cuatro Piedras in Uruguay at 11 a.m. Aug. 3 and was bred to his first mare five hours later, according to co-owner Claudia Rosas.
Most Popular Stories
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- KY Breeders' Incentive Fund Changes Approved
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes