Sunday Silence and Easy Goer carried their rivalry through each Triple Crown race, much as Affirmed and Alydar had done years earlier.
The public is invited to the National Museum of Racing's annual Hall of Fame Ceremony, Monday, Aug. 9 at the Fasig-Tipton Sales Pavilion. Members of the Hall of Fame Class of 2004 include trainer Claude "Shug" McGaughey, jockeys Kent Desormeaux and Jimmy Winkfield, and Thoroughbred champions Bowl of Flowers, Flawlessly, and Skip Away.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires