Rachel Alexandra will make her first foray into grade I company since defeating older males in the Woodward Stakes last September when she takes on four fillies and mares as the 2-5 favorite in the $300,000 Personal Ensign.
Malibu Prayer turned back 3-5 favorite Unrivaled Belle in upper stretch and held on gamely to win the $250,000 Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 to give owner/breeder Edward P. Evans a second major victory at the Spa.
Timing can mean everything, and in the case of the $250,000 Ruffian Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga, it could result in a long-awaited grade I victory for Unrivaled Belle.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile