Rachel Alexandra will make her first foray into grade I company since defeating older males in the Woodward Stakes last September when she takes on four fillies and mares as the 2-5 favorite in the $300,000 Personal Ensign.
Malibu Prayer turned back 3-5 favorite Unrivaled Belle in upper stretch and held on gamely to win the $250,000 Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 to give owner/breeder Edward P. Evans a second major victory at the Spa.
Timing can mean everything, and in the case of the $250,000 Ruffian Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga, it could result in a long-awaited grade I victory for Unrivaled Belle.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year