Rachel Alexandra will make her first foray into grade I company since defeating older males in the Woodward Stakes last September when she takes on four fillies and mares as the 2-5 favorite in the $300,000 Personal Ensign.
Malibu Prayer turned back 3-5 favorite Unrivaled Belle in upper stretch and held on gamely to win the $250,000 Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 to give owner/breeder Edward P. Evans a second major victory at the Spa.
Timing can mean everything, and in the case of the $250,000 Ruffian Invitational Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga, it could result in a long-awaited grade I victory for Unrivaled Belle.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Calder's GM of Racing to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp