Strait of Dover, on a three-race win streak for trainer Dan Vella, has been installed as the slight 3-1 morning line favorite for the 153rd renewal of the Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous race.
Maiden River Rush, rallying from last along the inside for jockey James McAleney, registered a 21-1 upset in the $145,229 Plate Trial while setting a track record at Woodbine June 3.
Unbeaten in two seven-furlong outings, Donver Stable's homebred Beeker Street stretches out June 3 in Woodbine's $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes. The Plate Trial is a prep for the June 24 Queen's Plate.
Strait of Dover, whose career has taken off since arriving in trainer Daniel Vella's barn at Woodbine, emerged as an early Queen's Plate favorite with his 6 1/2-length romp in the $156,206 Marine Stakes May 12.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees