Strait of Dover, on a three-race win streak for trainer Dan Vella, has been installed as the slight 3-1 morning line favorite for the 153rd renewal of the Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous race.
Maiden River Rush, rallying from last along the inside for jockey James McAleney, registered a 21-1 upset in the $145,229 Plate Trial while setting a track record at Woodbine June 3.
Unbeaten in two seven-furlong outings, Donver Stable's homebred Beeker Street stretches out June 3 in Woodbine's $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes. The Plate Trial is a prep for the June 24 Queen's Plate.
Strait of Dover, whose career has taken off since arriving in trainer Daniel Vella's barn at Woodbine, emerged as an early Queen's Plate favorite with his 6 1/2-length romp in the $156,206 Marine Stakes May 12.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales