Michael House's Big John B has only raced on dirt twice in his last 36 starts, but he seems to take to the surface just fine.
Michael House's Big John B has only raced on dirt once in his past 35 starts, but that lone start -- a score in last year's Cougar II Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar -- was one of his best.
Tarabilla Farms' Melatonin provided a 16-1 shocker in the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), taking the field of nine gate-to-wire to score by 4 1/4 lengths March 12.
With the likes of California Chrome and Hoppertunity heading overseas for the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) March 12 appears primed for East Coast invaders looking to take advantage.
Trainer Richard Mandella said he'd try two-time champion Beholder against males in the TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), as long as she showed she was ready three weeks after her romp in the Clement L. Hirsch (gr. I).
Meadowood caught pacesetter Brewing nearing the sixteenth pole and shook clear to a three-length win the $100,000 Chick Lang Stakes for 3-year-old sprinters May 17 at Pimlico Race Course.
Given the colt's Chicago connections, it's not surprising Bob Baffert would send Midnight Hawk to the April 19 Illinois Derby at Hawthorne. As for his plans from there on out, you'll have to read between the lines.
Five days after American-based 3-year-olds went seven furlongs in the Hutcheson and San Vicente Stakes, those based in Dubai will attempt the same distance in a prep for the UAE Two Thousand Guineas at Nad Al Sheeba Thursday. As Godolphin sends out three horses, the race may have some impact on the American Triple Crown scene.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager