Spanish broadcast team of Roberto "El Potro" Rodriguez and Eloy Vielma will host 5 hours of live Clásico del Caribe coverage from Camarero Racetrack (Hipódromo Camarero) in Puerto Rico this weekend on HRRN's Spanish broadcast platform.
In front of a hometown crowd at Hipodromo Presidente Remon Dec. 13, Calinico had to work hard to give Panama a Clasico del Caribe win but in the end, he won by a nose to give jockey Jose Lezcano his first Clasico win.
On Dec. 13, Mexican Triple Crown winner Huitlacoche will be making his first start outside of his native country in the Clasico del Caribe at Panama City's Hipdromo Presidente Remon.
Jubilee Queen took the lead turning for home against 10 males, a fleet gray in search of the first Caribe triumph by a female since Bambara in 2009. But Diamante Negro was flying on the outside with his trademark late run.
On the outskirts of boom-town Panama City, past tin roof houses and enterprising food vendors with their roadside stands, past soccer players who practice diligently in the cooler morning hours, Panama's only racetrack hums.
Five countries will join forces on Dec. 7 and 8 for the Caribbean Series 2002. Horses and trainers from Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela will converge at El Comandante Racetrack for four races featuring horses from each country.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup