The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale July 15 in Lexington started this year's yearling season on a strong note with double-digit percentage increases in average and median.
Nat Rea's Regis Farms struck early at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July sale by landing a Desert Party filly for $460,000, through noon July 15 the highest-priced yearling at the sale and highest since 2006.
When you turn to the consignors' index in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale's catalog, one of the first names you'll see is Allied Bloodstock.
Bert Welker and Clark Shepherd have partnered to form Allied Bloodstock, a full-service Thoroughbred bloodstock operation located in Lexington.
Clark Shepherd resigned April 12 from his post as general manager of Stonewall Stallions.
Lawyer Ron, the 2007 champion older male, was euthanized July 10 at Stonewall Farm Stallions near Versailles, Ky., due to complications from a recent colic surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland