Havant and Clarinet head a field of eight fillies and mares entered for the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course & Casino Nov. 30, but the lightly raced sophomore Ciao Bella could make an impact.
Hit It Rich, who last year won her first graded stakes in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT), attempts to conclude her career with another victory in the race at Aqueduct Nov. 10.
Five-time graded stakes winner Keertana was a close second in her most recent start and will likely be favored to break through this time when she leads a field of nine fillies and mares in the $150,000 Orchid (gr. III).
Swettenham Stud's homebred Changing Skies, who missed by a head in her grade I debut last out, should be the heavy choice to take down six foes in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 13 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut