Splitting rivals down the stretch, Channel Lady overtook front running Welcome Dance and Appealing Cat to win the Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Grade III winner Channel Lady carries top weight of 124 pounds into the $100,000 Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the evening of June 22 at Colonial Downs in New Kent, Va.
An evenly-matched field of nine older fillies and mares heads postward July 3 in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), each seeking her first graded stakes score.
Pachattack, winner of the Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) in her only start since finishing third in the 2011 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I), heads the field for the Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile