Splitting rivals down the stretch, Channel Lady overtook front running Welcome Dance and Appealing Cat to win the Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 22 at Colonial Downs.
Grade III winner Channel Lady carries top weight of 124 pounds into the $100,000 Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the evening of June 22 at Colonial Downs in New Kent, Va.
An evenly-matched field of nine older fillies and mares heads postward July 3 in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), each seeking her first graded stakes score.
Pachattack, winner of the Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) in her only start since finishing third in the 2011 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I), heads the field for the Edward P. Evans All Along Stakes (gr. IIIT) June 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September