Confident federal courts will smile on his opinion that state "jail-time" rules restricting when and where a claimed horse can race go against federal commerce laws, among others, owner Jerry Jamgotchian will file another lawsuit Oct. 7.
Tampa Bay Downs reported May 7 a 2.7% decline in all-sources handle for its recently-concluded 2008-2009 winter/spring meet at the racetrack located in Oldsmar, Fla.
A racehorse owner filed a lawsuit Thursday against the Gulfstream Park Racing Association for allegedly violating horse safety laws by letting an uncertifed animal be claimed from a race.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista