Confident federal courts will smile on his opinion that state "jail-time" rules restricting when and where a claimed horse can race go against federal commerce laws, among others, owner Jerry Jamgotchian will file another lawsuit Oct. 7.
Tampa Bay Downs reported May 7 a 2.7% decline in all-sources handle for its recently-concluded 2008-2009 winter/spring meet at the racetrack located in Oldsmar, Fla.
A racehorse owner filed a lawsuit Thursday against the Gulfstream Park Racing Association for allegedly violating horse safety laws by letting an uncertifed animal be claimed from a race.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture