Hal C.B. Clagett, the former Maryland Horse Breeders Association president who crafted the legislation that created the Maryland-bred Fund in 1962, died on Feb. 1
International sculptress Jean Clagett has designated one of two artist's proofs of a casting of Smarty Jones to be auctioned for the benefit of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, a private source of equine medical research funding.
- By Tom Keyser
Little Bold John, one of the most popular horses ever to race in Maryland and one of the most prolific stakes winners in North America, died Jan. 21 after a bout of colic at Weston Farm in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm