Hal C.B. Clagett, the former Maryland Horse Breeders Association president who crafted the legislation that created the Maryland-bred Fund in 1962, died on Feb. 1
International sculptress Jean Clagett has designated one of two artist's proofs of a casting of Smarty Jones to be auctioned for the benefit of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, a private source of equine medical research funding.
Little Bold John, one of the most popular horses ever to race in Maryland and one of the most prolific stakes winners in North America, died Jan. 21 after a bout of colic at Weston Farm in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan