Hal C.B. Clagett, the former Maryland Horse Breeders Association president who crafted the legislation that created the Maryland-bred Fund in 1962, died on Feb. 1
International sculptress Jean Clagett has designated one of two artist's proofs of a casting of Smarty Jones to be auctioned for the benefit of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, a private source of equine medical research funding.
Little Bold John, one of the most popular horses ever to race in Maryland and one of the most prolific stakes winners in North America, died Jan. 21 after a bout of colic at Weston Farm in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport
- Matchmaker Offers Intriguing Matchup
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series