Hal C.B. Clagett, the former Maryland Horse Breeders Association president who crafted the legislation that created the Maryland-bred Fund in 1962, died on Feb. 1
International sculptress Jean Clagett has designated one of two artist's proofs of a casting of Smarty Jones to be auctioned for the benefit of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, a private source of equine medical research funding.
- By Tom Keyser
Little Bold John, one of the most popular horses ever to race in Maryland and one of the most prolific stakes winners in North America, died Jan. 21 after a bout of colic at Weston Farm in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill