Hal C.B. Clagett, the former Maryland Horse Breeders Association president who crafted the legislation that created the Maryland-bred Fund in 1962, died on Feb. 1
International sculptress Jean Clagett has designated one of two artist's proofs of a casting of Smarty Jones to be auctioned for the benefit of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, a private source of equine medical research funding.
- By Tom Keyser
Little Bold John, one of the most popular horses ever to race in Maryland and one of the most prolific stakes winners in North America, died Jan. 21 after a bout of colic at Weston Farm in Upper Marlboro, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth