The $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4 has attracted a 12-horse grab-bag, and trainer Tom Proctor's consistent Avanzare would appear to head the crowded field of turf runners.
Santa Anita Park, which will host the Breeders' Cup for an unprecedented third consecutive year this fall, has a total of 28 graded stakes--including 13 Breeders' Cup events--over the course of its 24-day autumn meet.
Obviously (IRE) looms a standout against eight rivals in the $150,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf as he goes for his fourth consecutive graded stakes triumph Oct. 5.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 175 for March 2YO Sale
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Fastnet Rock Filly Tops NZ Premier Sale