The $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4 has attracted a 12-horse grab-bag, and trainer Tom Proctor's consistent Avanzare would appear to head the crowded field of turf runners.
Santa Anita Park, which will host the Breeders' Cup for an unprecedented third consecutive year this fall, has a total of 28 graded stakes--including 13 Breeders' Cup events--over the course of its 24-day autumn meet.
Obviously (IRE) looms a standout against eight rivals in the $150,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf as he goes for his fourth consecutive graded stakes triumph Oct. 5.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Newsmakers of 2014
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- RCI Request Would Change RMTC's Current Role
- Cancer Takes Hillary Farish Stratton
- Moment of the Year Voting Begins