Alert Bay, owned by Peter Redekop B.C., rallied late to capture the $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Santa Anita Park's 2015 autumn meet will be highlighted by six grade I Breeders' Cup Challenge races, the Southern California track announced July 22.
The $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4 has attracted a 12-horse grab-bag, and trainer Tom Proctor's consistent Avanzare would appear to head the crowded field of turf runners.
Santa Anita Park, which will host the Breeders' Cup for an unprecedented third consecutive year this fall, has a total of 28 graded stakes--including 13 Breeders' Cup events--over the course of its 24-day autumn meet.
Obviously (IRE) looms a standout against eight rivals in the $150,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf as he goes for his fourth consecutive graded stakes triumph Oct. 5.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Night Racing Debuts at Albuquerque; Handle Up
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown