Alert Bay, owned by Peter Redekop B.C., rallied late to capture the $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Santa Anita Park's 2015 autumn meet will be highlighted by six grade I Breeders' Cup Challenge races, the Southern California track announced July 22.
The $200,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4 has attracted a 12-horse grab-bag, and trainer Tom Proctor's consistent Avanzare would appear to head the crowded field of turf runners.
Santa Anita Park, which will host the Breeders' Cup for an unprecedented third consecutive year this fall, has a total of 28 graded stakes--including 13 Breeders' Cup events--over the course of its 24-day autumn meet.
Obviously (IRE) looms a standout against eight rivals in the $150,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf as he goes for his fourth consecutive graded stakes triumph Oct. 5.
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'