Grade I winners, at ages 8 and 9, respectively, face talented field at Gulfstream.
Citrus Kid, making his first start since September of 2011, held off 3-year-old El Padrino in a comeback race for both Dec. 19 at Gulfstream Park.
The $100,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes may be ungraded, but the Dec. 16 renewal at Gulfstream Park still drew a strong collection of top contenders.
Hollinger will find an opportune spot in the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course & Casino, in spite of hauling high weight on the Florida oval's closing day.
Woodbine-based Stormy Lord ventured to Philadelphia for the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup and produced a 9-1 upset for trainer Ian Black Sept. 17 on a yielding turf course at Parx Racing.
Haimish Hy rallied from last on the final turn for jockey Garrett Gomez, winning the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) in the final couple of strides by a head over favored Sebastian Flyte on the turf Nov. 28.
Fantastic Pick will face four of the horses he defeated in the Oak Tree Derby (gr. IIT) last month when he goes for his first grade I victory in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby Nov. 28
Prince Will I Am closed from last on the turn for home to win the $250,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) going away over the Belmont Park inner turf course Oct. 9 for his first stakes win.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin looks to have a strong hand in the Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Oct. 9, as he sends out a pair of graded stakes winners to head a field of 11 3-year-olds.
Fantastico Roberto, who set the pace but tired in the Jersey Derby last out, was tabbed as the 5-2 morning-line favorite in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 on the Saratoga turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks