The 2005 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), held Oct. 22 at the Far Hills in New Jersey, will be the subject of expanded television coverage in the United States and Great Britain this week.
Heat Haze walked out of the gate, was dead last for most of the running, and then exploded down the stretch to circle the field and win the Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. III) at Churchill Downs on Kentucky Derby Day.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has unveiled an expanded, nine-show "CITGO Racing to the Kentucky Derby" series for 2003.
Jerry Bailey won his second consecutive stakes on the Kentucky Derby Day card, winning the Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) aboard Stylish. In the previous race, he won the Three Chimneys Juvenile aboard Holiday Runner.
"Citgo Racing to the Kentucky Derby," the NTRA-produced series on the ESPN networks, will air a live doubleheader Saturday consisting of the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and the Illinois Derby (gr. II). The show will air Saturday from 5-6 p.m. (EST) on ESPN.
The "Citgo Racing to the Kentucky Derby," series of nine shows on the ESPN networks kicks off Saturday with the grade I Fountain of Youth Stakes from Gulfstream Park. The 1 1/16-mile Fountain of Youth will be shown on tape delay on ESPN from 6-6:30 p.m. (ET).
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win