The 2005 Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I), held Oct. 22 at the Far Hills in New Jersey, will be the subject of expanded television coverage in the United States and Great Britain this week.
Heat Haze walked out of the gate, was dead last for most of the running, and then exploded down the stretch to circle the field and win the Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. III) at Churchill Downs on Kentucky Derby Day.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has unveiled an expanded, nine-show "CITGO Racing to the Kentucky Derby" series for 2003.
Jerry Bailey won his second consecutive stakes on the Kentucky Derby Day card, winning the Citgo Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIIT) aboard Stylish. In the previous race, he won the Three Chimneys Juvenile aboard Holiday Runner.
"Citgo Racing to the Kentucky Derby," the NTRA-produced series on the ESPN networks, will air a live doubleheader Saturday consisting of the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and the Illinois Derby (gr. II). The show will air Saturday from 5-6 p.m. (EST) on ESPN.
The "Citgo Racing to the Kentucky Derby," series of nine shows on the ESPN networks kicks off Saturday with the grade I Fountain of Youth Stakes from Gulfstream Park. The 1 1/16-mile Fountain of Youth will be shown on tape delay on ESPN from 6-6:30 p.m. (ET).
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Pacific Overtures