Circle E Racing's Mr. Sidney pulled away from Inca King in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $167,700 Firecracker Handicap (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths on the July 4 card at Churchill Downs.
Circle E Racing's Mr. Sidney took command at the top of the lane, then outdueled Passager in a long stretch drive to win the $300,000 Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IT) on Keeneland's yielding turf course April 11.
In an effort to raise money for The Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund, the Race Track Chaplaincy of New York has organized a basketball game between members of the Saratoga jockey colony and the Texas Titans, a 6th grade Texas-based AAU team.
With the horse racing industry responding to the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's need to care for a rapidly increasing population of retirees--now numbering 1,037--the charity raised $629,000 at its annual fundraiser Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees