Circle E Racing's Mr. Sidney pulled away from Inca King in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $167,700 Firecracker Handicap (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths on the July 4 card at Churchill Downs.
Circle E Racing's Mr. Sidney took command at the top of the lane, then outdueled Passager in a long stretch drive to win the $300,000 Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IT) on Keeneland's yielding turf course April 11.
In an effort to raise money for The Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund, the Race Track Chaplaincy of New York has organized a basketball game between members of the Saratoga jockey colony and the Texas Titans, a 6th grade Texas-based AAU team.
With the horse racing industry responding to the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's need to care for a rapidly increasing population of retirees--now numbering 1,037--the charity raised $629,000 at its annual fundraiser Monday night at the Saratoga Golf and Polo Club in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf