The top three finishers from Aqueduct's Nov. 23 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II), led by Edward P. Evans' Mini Sermon, will meet again in the $150,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 6.
The four-year-old filly outdueled Amazing Speed to win for the first time in nearly a year.
A head bob determined the winner of the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr.II) at Aqueduct on Nov. 23 when Mini Sermon prevailed by a nose over pacesetter Lady Marlboro in the one-mile race for fillies and mares.
Sugar Shake proved much the best in the $107,300 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr.III) at Aqueduct Nov. 4, but the winner had an assist when the 9-5 favorite, Altesse, was pulled up after her rein broke early in the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount