Silent auction items to benefit retired jockey Cindy (Noll) Murphy have been flooding the Prairie Meadows Chaplaincy this week.
- By Dan Johnson
Jockey Cindy Noll Murphy, who suffered a spinal cord injury in a May 11 spill at Prairie Meadows, said Friday that she will not attempt a comeback.
Jockey Cindy Murphy remained hospitalized Friday after she was thrown in the fifth race at Prairie Meadows Thursday night. According to her husband, Travis Murphy, the jockey did not sustain any broken bones or head trauma from the accident, but was experiencing temporary paralysis due to a bruised spinal cord.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star