Silent auction items to benefit retired jockey Cindy (Noll) Murphy have been flooding the Prairie Meadows Chaplaincy this week.
- By Dan Johnson
Jockey Cindy Noll Murphy, who suffered a spinal cord injury in a May 11 spill at Prairie Meadows, said Friday that she will not attempt a comeback.
Jockey Cindy Murphy remained hospitalized Friday after she was thrown in the fifth race at Prairie Meadows Thursday night. According to her husband, Travis Murphy, the jockey did not sustain any broken bones or head trauma from the accident, but was experiencing temporary paralysis due to a bruised spinal cord.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby