Silent auction items to benefit retired jockey Cindy (Noll) Murphy have been flooding the Prairie Meadows Chaplaincy this week.
Jockey Cindy Noll Murphy, who suffered a spinal cord injury in a May 11 spill at Prairie Meadows, said Friday that she will not attempt a comeback.
Jockey Cindy Murphy remained hospitalized Friday after she was thrown in the fifth race at Prairie Meadows Thursday night. According to her husband, Travis Murphy, the jockey did not sustain any broken bones or head trauma from the accident, but was experiencing temporary paralysis due to a bruised spinal cord.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser
- NTRA Says Comments to Treasury Top 11,600
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 6/02/2015