Story to Tell won for the second time in three starts, beating favored Bad Read Sanchez in the $98,000 Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes July 13 at Los Alamitos Race Course on closing day of the Summer Thoroughbred Festival.
Betfair Hollywood Park has boosted purses considerably for its 2-year-olds stakes program during both the 2012 spring/summer and autumn meets.
n a pair of juvenile stakes races at Hollywood Park Sunday, Wonderful Luck overcame a slow start to rally for an easy 2 3/4-length victory in Sunday's $77,775 Cinderella Stakes, while Thoroughly also used come-from-behind tactics to remain unbeaten with a 1 3/4-length victory in the $82,825 Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes.
Unbeaten River's Prayer, a 3 1/2-length winner of the June 4 Cinderella Stakes as the odds-on favorite, figures to draw heavy support again on Saturday when facing eight rival 2-year-old fillies in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Landaluce Stakes at six furlongs.
Souvenir Gift, who brought longtime trainer Sam Semkin his first graded-stakes victory, is heading up a potential field of at least seven for Saturday's 36th edition of the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies. The race will be run at 6 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Summer Wind Dancer, knocking on the door for trainer Jeff Mullins, picked up her first win since November 2, 2002, catching even-money favorite Pesci in mid-stretch and blowing away from her six rivals for an easy victory in the $108,600-added Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T