Cigar, the two-time Horse of the Year (1995-1996) who won 16 consecutive races, is among the three horses nominated to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in the Contemporary Male Horse category.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust said Wednesday all horses trained by Simon Bray have been moved to the barn of Laura de Seroux and other trainers. Just four days before, Bray saddled Startac to an upset victory in the grade I Secretariat Stakes on the turf at Arlington Park.
Hallowed Dreams will attempt to set the modern-day Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive wins Saturday when she races against four rivals in the $35,000 Millennium Stakes at Evangeline Downs.
Memorial service was held Tuesday for late breeder-owner Allen Paulson.
Allen E. Paulson, founder of the Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. whose Brookside Farms became one of North America's most successful racing and breeding entities of the 1980s and 1990s, died Wednesday in California after a lengthy illness. He was 78.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity