Favorite Cigar Street edges clear of Take Charge Indy to win Gulfstream Park's Skip Away Stakes (gr. III) by two lengths. He covers the 1 3/16 miles in 1:56.84.
A year after Take Charge Indy left seven other 3-year-olds in his wake with a front-running score in the Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park, he returns as one of the favorites in the $100,000 Skip Away Stakes (gr. III).
No fooling, 109-1 shot Hero of Order won the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) April 1 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
- By Steve Haskin
Going strictly by the numbers, Windsurfer would appear to have little or no shot to win the Louisiana Derby. But sometimes, numbers do lie, which is why racing has a steady stream of longshot winners. read blog
The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but if he wins the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) on April 1 at Fair Grounds, Triple Crown fans better get used to saying Mark Valeski.
The coupled entry of Mark Valeski and Mr. Bowling was made the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a full field of 14 for the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots April 1.
Trainer Steve Margolis pronounced Jake Ballis's Cigar Street ready for the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) after the Street Sense colt breezed five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 March 25.
With Godolphin Racing now pointing Alpha toward New York for his final Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) prep, the field of prospects for the April 1 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) continues to expand.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes