Favorite Cigar Street edges clear of Take Charge Indy to win Gulfstream Park's Skip Away Stakes (gr. III) by two lengths. He covers the 1 3/16 miles in 1:56.84.
A year after Take Charge Indy left seven other 3-year-olds in his wake with a front-running score in the Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park, he returns as one of the favorites in the $100,000 Skip Away Stakes (gr. III).
No fooling, 109-1 shot Hero of Order won the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) April 1 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
- By Steve Haskin
Going strictly by the numbers, Windsurfer would appear to have little or no shot to win the Louisiana Derby. But sometimes, numbers do lie, which is why racing has a steady stream of longshot winners. read blog
The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but if he wins the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) on April 1 at Fair Grounds, Triple Crown fans better get used to saying Mark Valeski.
The coupled entry of Mark Valeski and Mr. Bowling was made the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a full field of 14 for the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots April 1.
Trainer Steve Margolis pronounced Jake Ballis's Cigar Street ready for the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) after the Street Sense colt breezed five furlongs in 1:01 1/5 March 25.
With Godolphin Racing now pointing Alpha toward New York for his final Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) prep, the field of prospects for the April 1 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) continues to expand.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth
- Rake Farms, Butler Dominate Minnesota Card
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Irish Mission Gets Job Done in Glens Falls