Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) winner Goldencents has been assigned 120 pounds and is the high weight among the nine expected starters for the Nov. 30 $500,000 Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Trainer Todd Pletcher's three contenders for the Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I)--Forty Tales, Capo Bastone, and Verrazano--took to the Belmont Park training track Nov. 17 to turn in their penultimate breezes prior to the race.
Working toward a possible start in the Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I), Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Orb breezed a half-mile in :49.77 on the main track at Belmont Park Oct. 13.
Shanghai Bobby, 2012 champion 2-year-old male, will make his first start in more than five months when he competes in the $100,000 Aljamin overnight stakes Friday at Belmont Park.
Trainer Todd Pletcher is considering both the $400,000 Clark Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs and the $350,000 Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I)at Aqueduct for Harlan's Holiday. The Clark will be contested on Friday and the Cigar on Saturday.
Reba's Gold, third in the Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap after winning the Ralph M. Hinds Pomona Invitational Handicap just seven days earlier on Sept. 29, worked a half-mile in :49.20 Wednesday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements