The question of which state will win the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Classic is moot this year as all 10 entrants were bred in Florida.
Southern California-based Vladimir Cerin earned his 1,000th career training victory on his birthday Nov. 26 when his 5-year-old gelding Cigar Man got up in the final jump to win the $100,900 All American Stakes (gr. III).
In search of a victory, grade I winner Interpatation invades Northern California from New York for the $100,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 26, the richest race of the autumn meet at Golden Gate Fields.
Defending Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Rail Trip will carry top weight of 123 pounds when he attempts to become just the third multiple winner of the prestigious race in its 71-year history July 10 at Hollywood Park.
Unless something completely unexpected occurs, Rail Trip has seven opponents in Hollywood Park's $150,000 Californian (gr. II) June 12 at his mercy.
Heavy favorite Rail Trip returned from a long layoff in the Mervyn Leroy Handicap (gr. II) May 8 looking strong as ever while posting a decisive 3 1/4-length victory at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules