Seeking to regain this spring's winning form for trainer Jamie Sanders, the 3-year-old Teuflesberg takes on older rivals for the first time in the Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) on Sept. 8.
- By James Platz
A protest filed by the connections of Star Dabbler involving the finish of the $513,200 Indiana Derby (gr. II) has been withdrawn.
- By James Platz
A decision could be made the week of Oct. 29 regarding the protest of a dead-heat decision in the $513,200 Indiana Derby (gr. II) held Oct. 7 at Hoosier Park. The protest was filed by owner Barry Schwartz after his colt, Star Dabbler, was placed first in a dead heat with Cielo Gold in the 1 1/16-mile contest.
The connections of Star Dabbler have filed a protest with the Indiana Horse Racing Commission centering around the 3-year-old colt's dead-heat victory in the $513,200 Indiana Derby (gr. II) Oct. 7. Owner Barry Schwartz and trainer Michael Hushion, who feel their entry hit the wire first, faxed the protest to the IHRC Oct. 9.
Despite a seventh-place effort in the $513,200 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 7, the connections of West Virginia Derby (gr. III) winner Bright One have not ruled out the $4-million Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) as the next stop for their colt.
Star Dabbler and Cielo Gold could not be separated at the wire, finishing in a dead heat for victory in the $513,200 Indiana Derby (gr. II) before a crowd of 5,134 at Hoosier Park Saturday night.
Twelve 3-year-olds will square off Sunday afternoon in what appears to be a wide-open renewal of the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. III) at Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort.
Private Vow and High Cotton, the first two finishers in last fall's Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, are back as the morning line favorites when they meet again in Saturday's $200,000-added Northern Dancer Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016