A son of Indian Charlie with a long, ground-gobbling stride was among the standouts Sunday at Fairplex Park during the second and final under tack show for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The bay colt worked the fastest eighth of a mile, covering the distance in :10.0.
Three horses consigned by Terry Oliver and three others consigned by Ciaran Dunne of Wavertree Stables were among the fastest workers at an eighth of a mile Monday during the first under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Following the catastrophic breakdown of a Pulpit filly on a sloppy track Monday morning, Keeneland officials cancelled the rest of the second and final under tack show for Tuesday's April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Elusive Elusive, a bay son of Elusive Quality, zipped an eighth of a mile in :10 Monday to set the pace during the first under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Something Extra Pursues Third Connaught Win
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Night Prowler Well-Spotted in Rich Penn Mile