Three horses consigned by Terry Oliver and three others consigned by Ciaran Dunne of Wavertree Stables were among the fastest workers at an eighth of a mile Monday during the first under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course.
Following the catastrophic breakdown of a Pulpit filly on a sloppy track Monday morning, Keeneland officials cancelled the rest of the second and final under tack show for Tuesday's April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Elusive Elusive, a bay son of Elusive Quality, zipped an eighth of a mile in :10 Monday to set the pace during the first under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees