The Tattersalls December foal sale opened Nov. 25 in England with 159 horses selling for a gross of 1,154,100 guineas ($2.026 million). The average price was 7,258 guineas ($12,740), and the median price was 3,700 guineas ($6,500). Direct comparisons with last year's longer five day sale are difficult, but the clearance rate of 69% was significantly up from the first and second day last year and the turnover was greater the first two days combined.
Sheikh Hamdan again led the way on the middle day of Goffs' Orby Million Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, Tuesday when paying 1.8 million euros for a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo consigned via Ciaran Conroy's Co Tipperary-based Glenvale Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Travers Stakes: Bayern Gets a Bath