The Tattersalls December foal sale opened Nov. 25 in England with 159 horses selling for a gross of 1,154,100 guineas ($2.026 million). The average price was 7,258 guineas ($12,740), and the median price was 3,700 guineas ($6,500). Direct comparisons with last year's longer five day sale are difficult, but the clearance rate of 69% was significantly up from the first and second day last year and the turnover was greater the first two days combined.
Sheikh Hamdan again led the way on the middle day of Goffs' Orby Million Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, Tuesday when paying 1.8 million euros for a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo consigned via Ciaran Conroy's Co Tipperary-based Glenvale Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher