The Tattersalls December foal sale opened Nov. 25 in England with 159 horses selling for a gross of 1,154,100 guineas ($2.026 million). The average price was 7,258 guineas ($12,740), and the median price was 3,700 guineas ($6,500). Direct comparisons with last year's longer five day sale are difficult, but the clearance rate of 69% was significantly up from the first and second day last year and the turnover was greater the first two days combined.
Sheikh Hamdan again led the way on the middle day of Goffs' Orby Million Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, Tuesday when paying 1.8 million euros for a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo consigned via Ciaran Conroy's Co Tipperary-based Glenvale Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis