The Tattersalls December foal sale opened Nov. 25 in England with 159 horses selling for a gross of 1,154,100 guineas ($2.026 million). The average price was 7,258 guineas ($12,740), and the median price was 3,700 guineas ($6,500). Direct comparisons with last year's longer five day sale are difficult, but the clearance rate of 69% was significantly up from the first and second day last year and the turnover was greater the first two days combined.
Sheikh Hamdan again led the way on the middle day of Goffs' Orby Million Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, Tuesday when paying 1.8 million euros for a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo consigned via Ciaran Conroy's Co Tipperary-based Glenvale Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule