The Tattersalls December foal sale opened Nov. 25 in England with 159 horses selling for a gross of 1,154,100 guineas ($2.026 million). The average price was 7,258 guineas ($12,740), and the median price was 3,700 guineas ($6,500). Direct comparisons with last year's longer five day sale are difficult, but the clearance rate of 69% was significantly up from the first and second day last year and the turnover was greater the first two days combined.
Sheikh Hamdan again led the way on the middle day of Goffs' Orby Million Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, Tuesday when paying 1.8 million euros for a U.S.-bred son of Kingmambo consigned via Ciaran Conroy's Co Tipperary-based Glenvale Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31