Tattersalls' five-day December foal ended in England Nov. 29 with figures sharply down from 2007's results. The 14,549,100-guinea gross fell 49% while the 25,888-guinea average price declined 29%. The 8,750-guinea median price dropped 56%. Sixty percent of the weanlings offered found new homes.
Making her first United States start for trainer Ben Cecil, Missit needed the entire length of the stretch to collar Sweeter Still for a nose victory in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita grass course April 5.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale finished Saturday with across-the-board declines from last year's record-setting event.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer