Tattersalls' five-day December foal ended in England Nov. 29 with figures sharply down from 2007's results. The 14,549,100-guinea gross fell 49% while the 25,888-guinea average price declined 29%. The 8,750-guinea median price dropped 56%. Sixty percent of the weanlings offered found new homes.
Making her first United States start for trainer Ben Cecil, Missit needed the entire length of the stretch to collar Sweeter Still for a nose victory in the $150,000 Providencia Stakes (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita grass course April 5.
Tattersalls' December Foal Sale finished Saturday with across-the-board declines from last year's record-setting event.
Most Popular Stories
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont